No compromises. In strength or beauty.
Building with YellaWood® brand pressure treated glulam porch columns is one of the easiest decisions you’ll face during construction. Made from highest-grade lumber for structural durability and beautiful appearance, the strength ratings of YellaWood® columns rival more expensive PVC and composite options at a budget-friendly price. Plus, there’s no more veneer wrapping for a clear finish. Columns are bonded with a formaldehyde-free exterior laminate that’s environmentally preferable, building-code compliant and uncompromisingly strong.
* Please note: Because YellaWood® columns are kiln dried after treatment, they must be primed and painted or stained immediately after installation.
- Factory-applied end sealant minimizes checking
- The only columns end sealed with our trademarked “Yella color”
- Highest-grade KDAT lumber
- Hollow core makes columns lighter weight, provides increased structural stability and allows hidden electrical wiring
- Less likely to twist and easier to install than solid timbers
- More structurally sound than solid timbers
- Bonded with a formaldehyde-free, exterior wet-use adhesive
- Strength ratings rival more expensive PVC and composite options
- Treated with micronized copper preservative for ground contact applications
- Preservative treatment is both EPP certified and NAHB approved
- Sold in small units, even pieces, for improved stock rotation
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty
- Dimensions: 4x4" (solid); 6x6"; 8x8"; 10x10"; 12x12"
- Lengths: 8', 10' or 12'
* YellaWood® columns are KDAT and must be kept completely dry prior to installation.